Overall Outcomes of the Position
The Business Development Assistant supports the John Foord business with administrative and research duties related to business development and client management.
Key duties include coordinating and understanding the requirements of clients and the business development team. This involves preparing proposals and external documentation as required, coordinating travel arrangements, and maintaining client information in the customer relationship management system.
There will be opportunities to get exposure to marketing and directly communicating with clients. The Business Development Assistant may also attend seminars and networking events to help promote John Foord.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Act as a point of contact for clients
- Direct inquiries to the appropriate team member and ensure that John Foord promptly responds to and follows up leads by email, telephone and visits
- Research clients and contacts
- Maintain and add client information in the customer relationship management system
- Prepare pre-proposal documents as well as proposal documents to a professional standard
- Assist with the follow up and setting up the process flow for repeat business
- Supported by the marketing team, assist in the preparation of marketing campaigns and sales documents to a professional standard
- Prepare marketing and presentation information for meetings when required
- Stay current on the insurance industry, market activity and provide opinions and suggestions to John Foord management on how to improve services or client relationships
- Share new ideas and client feedback to foster a continuous improvement culture and ensure best business practice
- Work with other departments to ensure client and business needs are supported
- Complete expense claims for the team in accordance with accounts processes
- Provide administrative support and travel bookings
- Maintain records including filing documents and correspondence
- Attend seminars and networking events as required.
Selection Criteria – Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience in an administrative or business development support position
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with keen attention to detail
Specific Job Requirements
- Business writing skills must be of professional English proficiency
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Business degree qualifications or relevant previous working experience
- Eligible to legally work in Singapore