Overall Outcomes of the Position
Assess the value of property, plant and equipment for insurance and finance purposes using database building, modelling and analysis to strengthen John Foord’s reputation as an industry leader in risk management. Work with the John Foord analytics team to build innovative valuation and operational systems and databases to progress the development and expansion of our business across new markets and industry sectors.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Develop database models to determine the value for insurance and finance purposes of clients’ fixed assets (Plant, Equipment, Buildings, etc.)
- Develop new models to project valuation scenarios and reflect value drivers
- Contribute to the continuous development and quality improvement of John Foord’s internal systems.
- Visit sites locally and internationally to survey and ensure all necessary details of a clients’ property, plant and equipment are documented as per the client brief
- Undertake cost analysis of the assets using information provided by client or during site inspections and industry research
- Undertake cost research and liaise with researchers and the John Foord valuation team to collate cost and industry data
- Prepare valuation reports and appropriate appendices to be submitted to the client.
- Support other members of the valuation team when required including but not limited to proof reading reports and verifying calculations
- Keep updated on valuation standards, requirements and industry changes
- Identify risk, follow and practice role responsibilities in compliance with John Foord policies
- Demonstrate project management skills, including scheduling, milestone tracking verification, project reporting.
Selection Criteria – Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of business
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Open to new ideas and seeking to learn continually
- Continuous attention to detail
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
Specific Job Requirements
- University/Tertiary qualifications in computer science, data analytics, engineering or related field
- Excellent Excel skills, including using macros/VBA
- Modelling/Database design skills
- Experience with the development of online databases would be an advantage
- International travel is a requirement of this role so eligible and willing to travel at short notice if and when required (weekend working may be required but only very rarely).